Monday, January 9, 2012

How to lose weight: 10 tricks to lose weight

The following are 10 unconventional tips for losing weight that have worked for Kyle Pott:
Between January 4, 2006 and March 31, 2006 I lost 22 pounds. These tips work well, because almost every trick focuses on achieving a small goal. In my opinion, to stay motivated and lose a significant amount of weight, you should complete many goals in a short period of time. The reason I call these tips unconventional is that I had never heard of them before starting this diet.

Let me start by acknowledging that the way to say "less calories in, more calories out" is true. Yes, to lose weight you must eat well and exercise. But it means much more than what it seems and I do not want to waste time proposing ideas that you've heard before. This brings me to my first point:

Buy a digital scale
It seems simple enough. I recommend that before starting a diet is purchased scales that recognizes differences in weight of 100 grams (1 ounce). Later I will explain why. I also recommend buying or scales that automatically stores your weight daily newspaper or to write your weight on one sheet. I bought a precise scales to store my change in weight and has been a great investment.

Weigh yourself every day
You will know already that almost all the other diets say they only weigh yourself once a week. I recommend the opposite. I am very result-oriented and I like to see the results every day. The reason why I recommend you buy a bathroom scales accurate to 100 grams is that there is a big difference between weighing 70.1 kg 70.0 kg a day and the next day. Losing a pound of weight in a single day is an excellent result. However, if the scale is not accurate enough to report the loss and still shows 70 kg after a day of healthy eating and exercise you feel very discouraged. A small scales, which also shows changes in weight makes it easier to keep a positive attitude. More consecutive days with weight loss are seen, the easier it is to lose weight.

Drink 8 glasses of water each day
This is widely recommended, however, the reason why I recommend it is slightly different. Drinking eight glasses of water a day helps you "feel less hungry." I can not prove it scientifically, however, when I'm at work, I drink 4 glasses 4 glasses in the morning and afternoon. The days when I do not drink the water I get hungry before. Moreover, in the days when I do not drink the water I feel tired before. Do not be scared by the idea of drinking 8 glasses of water. Try to do as I do: I have two bottles of water for half a liter. Everything I do is drink a bottle of water in the morning and one in the afternoon.

Make your diet public
Tell people that you're on a diet. There is no reason to be ashamed of being on a diet. I discovered that trying to keep my diet secret was more difficult to say. In fact, say to your colleagues, his girlfriend, family, etc. will increase the sense of responsibility. Motivated me to know that my colleagues and family knew I was dieting because I did not want to fail. I also chose a typical picture "grease" and I put on my refrigerator in my office and on the wall of my room. I wanted to have a constant reminder to lose weight. I know it's a cliché, but it was important for me to remind myself my ultimate goal.

I would also like to point out that, even though I was more than 20 pounds overweight when I told people I was on a diet is often said to me "you do not need a diet." I found surprising because it was obvious this thing that I was overweight. Be careful because you will likely hear similar comments. I found it easier to accept the "compliment" and close the speech there, rather than to justify them groped my diet. Remember that you are on a diet for yourself and you do not need to excuse yourself.

Do not diet on the weekend
This is another unconventional advice. I managed to lose over 20 pounds without dieting on the weekends. I realized that he was tired, depressed and unmotivated when I tried to continue my diet over the weekend. I heard that on Friday and Saturday (my weekend) had moments to celebrate 5 days of diet. You will not find it necessary especially in the early weeks of dieting. However, several weeks go by so much more at the weekend became a time for me to celebrate my successful week and be mentally prepared for another five days of diet. I consider it a mental recharge.

Do not sacrifice your life for your diet
Sometimes you find yourself unable to eat healthy. That is due to lunch with your team, birthdays or special occasions, there will be events where you can not (or do not want to) eat healthy. A diet will sembrearà overwhelming if you have to sacrifice special events in your life. The way I combat this is to exchange a day of bad mistake with one of those where I did not do the diet over the weekend. In other words, if I did not diet on Tuesday, for example, I did a day of diet on Saturday.

Make small changes
This is a fairly common suggestion, however, I have changed slightly. Rather than give up what most diets say you should delete (soft drinks, coffee, beer, caffeine, etc.), I just got healthier decisions. I did not want to give anything up, so I decided to make some changes. The first change I made was switching to Diet Coke. Do not worry, we will quickly get used to different tastes. Before starting my diet I swore I would never drink a drink light. Now, thanks to my girlfriend, I drink only drinks light. The second change I made was to drink black coffee. Lever sugar and cream, and get the benefit of coffee (caffeine) without the calories. The last step I did was important that the beer "healthy". I am a Miller Lite beer drinker, but with a temporary switch to Beck's Premier Light (60 calories per bottle), I could still enjoy a healthy social life while maintaining my diet.

In addition to making small changes in your diet, make small changes in your life: park farther away, walking to the end of the station to catch the train, park your car in the last places in the country and promise not to take an elevator for a ' entire week. I also found it useful to use a pedometer and try to compete against myself as I could walk in one day. The day I walked more than I did 10 km. I went to work willingly walk twice a week.

Gain perspective by understanding the surroundings
Your diet is an incredibly small percentage of your life. If you live for 80 years, and you have been on a diet for four months, it has been only 0.42% of your life. Exactly, if you'll be on a diet for four months, will be less than half of one percent of your life. On the other hand, think of the great advantages can be obtained from 0.42% of your life. If it helps you to stay motivated, make a countdown starting from 120 days.

Streamline your exercise
Finding time to go to the gym can be very difficult. However, half-hour workout is only 2% of your day (assuming 24 hours per day). For me, the most motivating was to compare the time spent in the gym watching a TV show with that. Because I'm a big fan of "Everybody Loves Raymond" every time I sit down to watch an episode, I remind myself that, in half an hour I was sitting and doing nothing, I could complete my daily workout.

Have you lost weight, now what?
Once you've lost weight you must keep. You must choose a weight and do not commit yourself to weigh no more than that. It is normal for your body weight vary between 2 and 4 pounds. I recommend you choose a weight that is greater than 4.5 kg at the "normal" and weigh no more than that. Setting this limit weight allowed me to maintain my weight now for over a year.

No comments:

Post a Comment